Friday, July 08, 2005

A Lot to Digest in One Week

Another birthday for America, the retirement announcement of Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, a shredded pork bbq sandwich, another parking ticket, Italian beef sandwiches, the decision to put my car up for sale, another friend's birthday party, journalist Judith Miller going to jail, some pork chops, potato salad and cole slaw, the terrorist attack on London, knowing that ex-girlfriend and I ARE actually cool with each other, more changes to the "rock opera," my workload seeming to double in volume, another friend who had a kidney transplant being admitted again for severe pain and intestinal problems, bills bills bills, a total Cubs collapse with an 8 game losing streak, and a bagel breakfast sandwich. Wow! That's an appetite. Ok, let's wash that down with some coffee, a couple of big glasses of water and maybe we'll throw a little beer in the mix.

While all that is digesting let's have a little tale of food coma. Seems relative. After lunch yesterday I headed to the elevators to have my after lunch smoke. The elevator door opened; I walked on and pushed 18. The light went on and then off. Huh? I pushed it again and the same thing happened. What the hell!! I reached to do it again and realised, you're already on the 18th floor stupid! Now that is a food coma.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tankboy said...

After last weekend, and then this week, I am laying waaay low this weekend.

Gotta recalibrate.

2:02 PM  
Blogger utchmynitz said...

I'm in the same boat. The next 2 weekends are going to be crazy again, so this one will be mellow. Enjoy your relaxing weekend.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home