Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Sweet Alice

Well, I would have really liked to have gone out last night for the last Ten56 Tuesday, as the bar will now be closing. I would have liked to have hung out at the place that was once Sweet Alice and was once my favorite watering hole, knowing that space may never be used for something that cool again, for one more night. Sweet Alice was my original hang out when I first moved to Chicago some 10 or so years ago. Ten56 was no Sweet Alice but on Tuesdays managed to at least keep that same spirit alive. Yes, I would have really liked to have, but the knot that seemed to be tied in my stomach, and still feels that way now, and the winless struggle to keep my eyes open in front of the tv until at least 10:00 kept me at home last night. I hope it was fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home