Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Shelob's Lair

For at least 2 weeks now, just outside and to the left of my front door when stepping outside, there has been a giant and quite impressive spider's web occupied by a mighty large spider I've named Shelob. The web is a complete circle and could probably wrap around half of my body. It's connected between the neighbors fence and the frame of my front door. I've had no intention, nor the heart to destroy it.
1. Because it's so impressive and must have taken some work to make.
2. Because Shelob has done me no harm.
3. Fear of what she would do to me if I did destroy it.

I came home from work yesterday and someone had ripped down a note I left for my mail delivery person from the front door, but Shelob's web was still there and had survived all rain. This morning, as I left for work I looked to my left as soon as I walked out the door, and Shelob's web was gone. Sorry Shelob. Hopefully you found a new lair to devour insects, orcs, dwarfs, hobbits, and men. Know that I was trying to protect you, so don't come back and eat me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home