Thursday, September 08, 2005

Begin the Begin

So, after practice I made a game time decision to go with Danny and Steph to Martyrs to see Tributosaurus being REM last night. I knew they would be doing old songs and I had never seen REM back in those days and have not been much interested in seeing them these days, so I thought what the hell. I'm glad I did. It was awesome! They sounded just like them. Our friend Eric Bon Mot played guitar on a few songs and even sang lead on 9-9 from Murmur and kicked ass on it. That song has a really strange time signature and I imagine pretty hard to sing. Nice work Eric! They only played songs up to Automatic For The People and nothing after that album. Unfortunately they didn't play anything from Fables and I wouldn't have minded hearing more from Reckoning, my favorite, but still really awesome and a lot of great songs.

When I got home I was really in an REM mood and decided to pour a glass of wine and listen to Fables. Well, I'm sure you can guess what happened. I probably had 2 sips, remember hearing 1 or 1 and a half songs, woke up hours later half on the couch half on the floor with one sock off and an ashtray kicked over and all over the floor. Geez! Sometimes I think I need someone to put me to bed or at least tell me to go to bed.

I'm about to send an e-mail with my loser pick this week. I got involved in a football pool where you just have to pick one team to lose. $10. If the team loses I go again next week. If they win I'm out. The first week is hard because you really don't know how these teams are going to be. Anyway, I have to decide today because the NFL starts tonight. The NFL starts tonight!! Kick ass! I love football! I predict The Bears are going to be a lot better than people are expecting them to be this year. I'm not even going to mess with them in this pool though even if they are bad. I'm going back and forth between 2 teams right now and I think I'll just go with me gut. That or flip a coin. I'm not going to say who I've picked though until the game is over. Thank you and thanks for stopping by!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home