Thursday, September 01, 2005

Puzzled

So, I put the same post up yesterday on another blog about Red Cross and was amazed at what happened. Jokes were cracked and comments about me not getting around much if I thought New Orleans was a beautiful city and I found myself in an argument about whether it was a dirty city or not. Who cares if you think it was dirty! IT'S A FUCKING SWAMP RIGHT NOW!! People are dying and there is not even close to enough help. Show some compassion and go be a know it all at some other time. I'm sorry, but it really makes me furious. Completely uncalled for.

I'll add that the person who cracked jokes did apologize and I know they were just trying to add some comic relief. But I have a hard time joking around about it. There are many, many, many other things to joke about.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

New Orleans is/was/hopefully will still be a beautiful city someday. I've spent a few long lost weekends there and loved every thick hot humid drunk moment.

4:03 PM  
Blogger utchmynitz said...

No place like it. Heartbreaking.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home