Friday, September 02, 2005

Day 5

The pictures I saw this morning look like they were taken in Somalia. The citizens of New Orleans are being referred to as refugees. What country do I live in again? It's amazing. My heart breaks more with every picture, news clip, and story I read.

Well, the weekend is upon us. I will feel somewhat guilty running around and being a nut this weekend but somethings just have to be done. Well, I won't be running around like a nut the entire weekend. My dad is in town and I will be spending some time with him. Looking forward to that. Tomorrow night I will be filling in on bass with http://venomlords.com/. Here's info from their e-mail:

This Saturday The Venom Lords are back at The Mutiny with some friends. Rick Nitz (aka Slurron the Intoxicator) will be filling in for Amy on bass because our other bass fill-in is planning a wedding...and is back in school.

The bands will start right at 9:30 with Textbook. Get there early and stay late for the Venom Lords.

Also..we will be passing a big ass beer pitcher to collect money for the RedCross for the Hurricane victims. Even a dollar will help. If you can't make it to the show...please visit www.redcross.org to donate...as little as 5 dollars.

Should be a good time!

Sarcasm on- To add to the good times this week - sarcasm off - I've been trying to locate my sister as my dad really wants to see her. It has been no picnic.

And I think I'll end this with a quote from my daily quote calender:

"The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear."

-SOCRATES-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Governing Through Crisis
Got a scoop? Email your tips and suggestions to the editor. Premium Blog Ad Blog Ads Classifieds Amazon About The Site Taegan D. Goddard is the creator of Political Wire, a political column updated around the ...
Friendly Stranger
ebb and flow

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home