Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I Am Human and I Need to be Loved Just Like Everybody Else Does

One blog, two locations.

When I got home last night I was listening to The Arcade Fire and I started thinking about that show. They were one of the few bands at Lolla that I pushed up to get a close spot for. Now I pissed off a few folks in doing so before finally settling into a spot to wait for the start of the show. It wasn't long before I started becoming annoyed with the guys in front of me. Loud mouth high fivin dudes. I started thinking this was going to suck. An amazing thing happened though. The band came out and played the first notes and everyone was locked in. Then the first vocal notes came out and almost every single person there started singing at the top of their lungs "OOOOOOHHHHH OOOOOHHHHHHH!!!" Everyone was smiling. As the show went on people smiled more and sang and put their arms around each other. It was amazing. We were all connected. As I thought about this last night, and at the show, I started thinking that if nothing else we all have one thing in common. We are all human beings with human problems. To different degrees of course, but the same. The reason so many people connect with artists that write music like that and artists in general is for that reason. We all want the same thing. We've all had a rough time in one way or another and a lot of us are still having a rough time in one way or another. So, in this way the yuppie next door, the gang banger down the street, the too cool for school indie rocker, Suzie Schaumburg, the bitter southside Sox fan, and I, and so on are all connected in that one very simple but very big way. Thinking this way makes it much easier for me to get along with people. I know, we can probably go a lot further into this subject, but this is a blog and I am at work.

1 Comments:

Blogger utchmynitz said...

Nice Steph! Great movie.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home