Thursday, June 02, 2005

Tell Me About The Rabbits George

From today's quote calendar:

"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple, learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen."

-John Steinbeck-

As The Delgados play from my speakers I think to myself, I am glad I got to see them one and a half times before they called it quits.

I tried to stay awake to catch Death From Above 1979 on Conan last night but could not keep my eyes open. I did catch Beck on Leno though which was purty darn good.

I'm probably going to regret typing this. Last week I blogged about Jeff Gordon choking doing the 7th inning stretch. My friend http://dannydoom.com/ was at that game and also blogged about it. He talked about The Cubs 8th inning rally to win the game and then went on to say with some strong sarcasm that things were on track now and he could sense that... well, why don't I just quote him: "This was the first win I've seen this year, in four tries, so it's about friggin time. I think things are really getting back on track and we're seeing the beginnings of a serious streak. No, I'm not kidding, this is the turning point in the season! Why are you laughing? Wait, don't walk away ..." I laughed as I read this feeling the same way. Well, I'll be damned, but I don't think those Mother Chickens have lost a game since. Ok, with that said, if they lose today then I will know I jinxed them and will not type about them for the rest of the season.

My clothes are clean. Hey, that's something.

I probably have more to babble about, but I'm going to do some work now, I mean some serious work now. Thank you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if i say it enough times it's bound to come true eventually! those bastards are on a roll! yeeeaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home