Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Broken/Fixed

Last night we were getting ready to do some demo recording/pre-production of what will be the next album. I start plugging in all my pedals and notice the light is not working on my delay pedal, a key element in most of the songs. The pedal had seemed like it was on the outs for a while now. It had been doing things like not turning on or off when I stepped on it and I was having to really slam on it sometimes and doing more tap dancing then neccessary. So I see the light will not turn on and think shit, it finally kicked it. Bad timing. Now I'm going to have to shell out another $100 or so bucks for a new one. Not wanting to do that I decided to take the whole thing apart. I open it up and stare at all the guts for a while thinking, damn, I wish I would have paid more attention in electricity class. Hmmm...so I poked around and checked all kinds of things out and whiggled things and tightened things and Goddamnit, I fixed the fucker! It works like a brand new pedal again! Someone once told me it was not worth fixing effects pedals when they stopped working because it's such a pain in the ass and pretty much impossible. Just buy a new one. Hoggwash. Most things can be fixed if you are willing to take the time, or if you do not want to spend money. It's the little things that make me happy sometimes I tell you. Thank you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice NIN reference, Duke of Ritz

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home