Tuesday, May 24, 2005

THINGS

I kicked a rock found outside of my doorstep as I walked 2 blocks and halfway to the liquor store before it disappeared under a fence never to be seen by me again. I wonder what kind of adventures that rock had been on before it's journey with me tonight and where it will go next.

It is 10:47.

House Passed Stem Cell Bill. http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-stem25.html

I'm going to Lollapalooza.

There are window potatoes next to me shaped like cats.

Walking out of my apartment a little while ago I thought of the irony in the sign on my door. The building I live in has been for sale for months. My apartment is always the first one looked at when the building is being shown. The sign on my door is a Fugazi quote that reads "YOU ARE NOT WHAT YOU OWN!" It has been there long before the building was up for sale. No offers yet I guess. I don't believe my sign has anyTHING to do with that.

I recieved an e-mail from classmates.com on Sunday. I put my name on their site years ago. The e-mail was from a person I have not seen or spoken to in 10 years. We were really good friends at one time and dated for a very short time. She introduced me to my very first serious bandmates. We e-mailed a bunch yesterday. I enjoyed it. She now lives in Charlotte, NC.

Listening to Arcade Fire right now. I was listening to them so much this past winter that I had to ground myself for a little while. I'm enjoying them right now. They are playing Lollapalooza.

It was nice to see Flynn Flam and Rhonda this weekend. I think he was grounded from hanging out with me for while.

Milk At Midnight shared XRT's Local anesthetic with just The Pumpkins Sunday. http://www.wxrt.com/program/detail/local_anesthetic.html

I like beer. I stayed up way too late on Sunday drinking it and was a huge spacecase bumbling fool in my 8:30 AM meeting/breakfast Monday.

Having a title called THINGS gives you freedom to type any and all kinds of THINGS forever.

Are you still reading?

Can someone burn me the first Mazzy Star record? I've been wanting to hear it lately and don't own it anymore.

Fell asleep on the couch after dinner Monday night and woke up at 9:30 and decided even if I raced out of my apartment at that moment to try and catch some of my friend's band Sybris' set at the Bottle, by the time I found parking I would have missed the whole thing and decided it was not worth it. I was pissed. They were playing with Pinebender, who I also like a lot, but was mainly going to go out to see Sybris. Such is life I guess.

Looked at my sophomore High School year book and got a good chuckle reading the comments. I think this was inspired by some THING mentioned earlier. High School was not the best time in my life, but it certainly was not the worst. Or maybe I'm just so separated from it now that it doesn't seem so bad. Don't know?

Almost finished with reading Hell's Angels by Hunter S. Thompson. I know a lot more about the Hell's Angels then when I started. "A strange and terrible saga." I don't think they were too happy with what he wrote about them. Actually,I know they weren't.

It is 11:17.

A black man just walked down the middle of my street pulling an orange shopping cart with wooden pallets stacked 8 high.

Do you like THINGS?

I'm going to buy cigarettes now. It is 12:00.

Cursive says "Stay alive!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home