Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Somewhere between a Van Gogh 2 and 3

There is a book of short stories by Thom Jones called Cold Snap.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0316472573/102-8978949-6244137?v=glance
I believe it's the first story in the book, but I can't remember the name of it right now. The main character uses a scale between 6 Van Gogh paintings to compare his own level of sanity. Van Gogh 1 being the most sane and Van Gogh 6 being the highest level of insanity, the level where he was cutting off his ear. The character in this story would write notes to himself and stick them on his refridgerator. I wish I had the book in front of me so I could quote one of the notes. On a good day he would write himself an uplifting message and then be passing through his kitchen later being in a much different mood and read it and write himself another one saying "who is this asshole? I hate this fucking guy!!"

The point of this is that I feel that way with this blog. Yesterday and the day before, when I was probably around a Van Gogh 5, I read what I wrote last week and was like, who is this guy? Shut the hell up you prick! I hate this fucking guy! But today, being more around a Van Gogh 2, I looked at the last entry and kind of chuckled thinking, take it easy there kid. It's not all that bad. Just another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home