Friday, February 02, 2007

Grin and Bear it

There's a fever in the air. I along with a large part of the city of Chicago have Super Bowl fever. I grew up watching The Bears. Been there for the good, the bad, and the very very ugly. So this is a big deal and a lot fans feel the same way.

With that being said I can understand how someone living in the city who is not a fan can find it annoying that there's been so much coverage, hype, blue and orange everywhere, and a whole lot of energy in Chicago. I can understand that, but I say grin and Bear it. That's right; I really did just say that. Grin and Bear it. It isn't like this happens very often. The last time was 21 years ago! It will be over before you know it though. And think of it this way, whenever a Chicago sports team does well the city just comes alive even more than it already is and it's even more exciting to be here. People just feed off the energy of a winner and themselves feel like winners. Everybody wants to feel like a winner.

Another way to look at it is that Super Bowl Sunday is kind of like a holiday. You don't even have to enjoy football to have fun on Super Bowl Sunday. Parties everywhere, good eats, good socializing, and an excuse to get loud. I'm always looking for a reason to yell. YEAH!!!

So, in ending my football talk I say, GO BEARS!! GO CHICAGO!! Join in the fun, people, because it will be gone real soon and you'll wish you had at least been a part of it.

OK, what else is up? The W and I have really missed Yellow Face. We've decided to hop on a plane next weekend and search for him. We hear he hangs down south a lot so we wil be spending 4 days and 3 nights in Miami. Too bad it's not this week, but hey.

We, as in Milk At Midnight, have been working on a handful of new tunes. Working on new music is a sure fire way of putting Utch in a good mood. I'll say that at least one but probably 2 songs will be unleashed on fresh ears at the next show. When is that show you ask? Why it's right here:

Friday, February 16th (Early Show)

THE TREWS myspace
MILK AT MIDNIGHT myspace
THE ITS! myspace
Doors @ 5:30 pm Show @ 6:00 pm
$8.00, All Ages

And it's here:

BEAT KITCHEN
(773) 281 - 44442100 W. Belmont Chicago, IL 60618


Well, I guess that's it for now. Be safe wherever you end up Sunday, cheer loud, and don't drive drunk. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home