Saturday, March 25, 2006

DON'T PANIC

Some fatheads were scheduled to walk through the building I live in at 11:30 this morning. Since they were nice enough to let me know in advance, I decided, instead of sitting in my underwear with a pickle in my ear while they walked through, I would have it my way, and took myself to Burger King where I enjoyed a chicken sandwich, side salad and a Dr. Pepper. If you are bored on Saturday afternoon you can always go sit in the BK on North Avenue across from Humboldt Park. They've got everything: thugs, homeless men, fights, the police, vibrating children, screaming silly men, oompa loompas, and purple elephants. That's entertainment.

DON'T PANIC." - Words inscribed in large, friendly letters on front cover of The Hitchhiker's Guide

"Space," it says, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindboggingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galazy is one of my all time favorite series of books. Douglas Adams was brilliant. Even though the special effects are not that hot, I loved the BBC series as well. A motion picture of the first book was made a year ago. I didn't go see it. I was unsure about it. I rented it a couple weeks ago and last Sunday I thought it would be a good movie to watch. I fell asleep 3 times trying to watch it. That's not a good sign. I've hung on to it though thinking I'd try again when I'm not out of it like I was that day. Since our mixing session has been canceled today, I think I might try it again. I'll be honest though, I don't have high expectations. I've purchased beer to enhance the experience. It's too early in the day to have my "brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick" from the effects of a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. Maybe later.

Thanks to all who came out to Mutiny last night and supported. You're beautiful and I love you. Hope you had fun. I sure did. Cheers!!

2 Comments:

Blogger utchmynitz said...

Here's an afterword. I watched the Hitchhiker movie and didn't fall asleep. It was pretty good. Not great, but I definitely let out a few chuckles. Out of 5 stars I would rate it 3 and half. On Netflix unfortunately there are no half stars. The other day Danny had $in and I laughing when he said very seriously "I often wish for half stars." Yes Danny, I do too. So, do I round up or do I round down? Oh the decisions I tell you. Will have to think long and hard on this decision. The pressure is on. This is serious business damn it!

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe we should call that song "when i wish upon half a star."
or maybe just as it is "i often wish for half stars"
or maybe "gargle blaster."

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home