Monday, March 14, 2005

Mildly Pro-Choice

I almost forgot about this. I was watching Meet The Press yesterday and Condoleezza Rice was on the show. I had to look up the transcript just now to make sure I had heard this correctly. I did. I'll tell you I was shocked to hear this come out of her mouth:


MR. RUSSERT: You told the Washington Times on Friday you were mildly pro-choice. What does that mean?
DR. RICE: It means that like many Americans I find the issue of abortion very difficult. I believe it ought to be as rare as possible. Nobody wants to see anyone go through that. I favor parental notification. I favor a ban on late-term abortion. But I, myself, am not a fan of having the government intervene in the laws.
MR. RUSSERT: You would not outlaw it?
DR. RICE: No.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home