Monday, March 14, 2005

The Ballad of Daykitty

First of all, the Lou Barlow show last night was awesome!!! More on that in a little bit. It's been a great weekend so far and it's only half over for me. I don't go back to work until Thursday. Just got back from Bongo Room. Great Bloodys. I'm super full and thinking about a nap.

Friday night was fun. Went to a party. The only bad part of the evening was the $115 that went to not have my car towed. Doom, Steph, and I went to Lazo's for dinner. I parked in the parking lot behind Arturo's. As far as I knew the lot was for Arturo's, Lazo's, and Cancun. I thought they were all connected. We all did. It turns out the lot is for Arturo's and Cancun, but not Lazo's, which is in the middle. It's a total scam. We came out only to see a boot on my front tire. What the fuck! There was a guy in a van parked next to me sitting there waiting for me to pay him. He sat there the whole time we were eating. They had a whole operation going on. He sat there and there were two other guys watching the entrances of the restaurants. Fucking bullshit man. If I didn't pay him it would have been towed. Argh!!

Saturday after practice we went to Gold Star to meet with a guy who wants to shoot a video for us. Yes, Milk At Midnight is doing a video. It will be a first for all 3 of us. I'm pumped. We wound up staying there all night. It was fun.

Yesterday $in and I went down to the Southside Irish Parade. It was a blast as usual. It was $in's first time. He of course loved it. My cousin had a party afterwards. No surprise that $in loved my cousin too. He's a super cool guy. They're moving to Colorado in June. It will be great to go out and visit.

Lou Barlow played at Schubas last night. I was quite drunk already. I was my friend Billiam last night. You know, that loud heckling drunk guy. I would have stopped though if it was bothering him, but he was loving it. He played every song request I shouted out. We were right in front. He even mimicked me a few times. It was really funny. He played for more than 2 hours because we, the audience, kept him up there. Really good crowd. Flygirl and I talked to him a little after the show. I mentioned that I had sent pictures of Cowpie and his face lit up and he asked, "Oh, did I post them?"
I told him "not yet, I just sent them a week ago". I'm pretty sure those pictures will end up on his site. What a great day! I'm surprised I made it. We even went to the L & L for a couple. Long day of drinking

Now I'm going to change some strings on me guitar.


Post a Comment

<< Home