Thursday, March 10, 2005

Home

Man, I've had no spare time at work for anything really lately. I took off Monday through Wednesday next week. It is so needed and well deserved I think. I'm really looking forward to a 5 day weekend. It's going to be fun. I'm especially looking forward to Sunday and Tuesday. It's the southside Irish parade. I always have a complete blast down there. I can't get as crazy this year though because I have a ticket to see Lou Barlow that same night. I can't pull an Ander$in, Chicago Fire, Delgados night. That was a year ago wasn't it? I'd put a link to that story but it would just send you back here. Sorry. Tuesday I play a rock show. I love playing.

On the way home tonight I heard myself on the radio again. Last week on the way to band practice I heard myself on the radio. Quite flattering I must say. Even more exciting because the disc hasn't even been released yet. Just a few advanced copies sent out to a few places. I feel very proud of what we've accomplished and it's nice to start hearing some feedback from others about it. You get so caught up in recording and then listening to mixes and pretty much nitpicking until it gets to the where you are happy with the way it sounds and then you sit back and think, gosh, I wonder if people will actually like this. Pretty cool.

I was thinking about this story I read a while back about Sting. I guess Roxanne came on radio and he was in his car and blasted it, like any young rocker who heard himself on the radio would do. This was back when that song had just come out. He was rocking out to his own song and looked over at the car next to him and the guy in it flipped him off.

Last night Super Becky came over and chopped some hairs off me head. It was driving me crazy, my hair that is. It's nice to be light headed in the natural way again. It's not super short though. Just less Crispin Glover or Hitler looking. Super Becky hung out afterwards and we drank beers and whiskey. It was fun. Becky and I hadn't hung out in a while, besides in a crowd, so I was glad.

What else. Oh, speaking of Hitler, I got Max in the mail today. I think I might watch it now. I should be at a show tonight but I'm tired and I have a class at 8:00 tomorrow and don't want to be out of it or stinking of booze.

I guess that is all I have to say right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tankboy said...

what song are they playing? i have no song titles but i'm gonna bet it's track two since that's the obvious super-hit smash single.

i'm gonna try and sneak out from behind the dj booth long enough to catch you guys tuesday...

10:55 AM  
Blogger utchmynitz said...

Awesome! They played Your Latest Greatest Mistake 2 weeks ago and Satellite last week. Those would be songs 3 and 4. I'm surprised it hasn't been track 2 which is Never Liked It Here Much Anyway. Maybe they have, but I haven't heard it.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home