Thursday, February 09, 2006

"I like the taste of chocolate cake; I close my eyes and I masterbate."

Anyone remember a band called Possum Dixon? I rediscovered them today. I was pretty into their first album back in 93. This morning when I came to work I was listening to Violent Femmes 3 and suddenly thought about Possum Dixon. Enjoying listening to it quite nicely right now.

Can I mention that winter is bumming me out. I've always hated the month of February and a big part of taking a vacation to somewhere warm this year was to break up February a bit. Well, it did do that, but walking to practice with snow blowing hard in my face was not something I enjoyed much last night. And walking to the train in the cold make you stiff weather this morning was also something I did not enjoy much. And knowing it is going to get even colder this weekend is enough to make me want to hibernate or hop on another plane. I know, I'm whining. Last week while walking around in a t-shirt with the sun baking down I was in such a good mood and was thinking of all the fun spring and summer things to come. It was a tease. It won't be long now though. It won't be long.

I also am bummed that the football season is over. Don't worry, little Utch isn't going to shoot himself, but ironically this was talked about last night. Almost a year ago this month, Hunter S. Thompson titled his suicide note:

"Football Season Is Over."

"No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun -- for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax -- This won't hurt."

Gives ya a chill, doesn't it?

I have one more thing that has me in a glum mood today. Remember The Cough? I used to type about the cough a lot at this blog. It's been a while though and I had hoped to never have to again. We just had a meeting and it was announced that The Cough would be our boss again. Ugh.....

Geez, this blog started out positive and ended negative. Ok, something positive to end on. Milk At Midnight is recording again. YAY!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like VF 3, especially that song "there's nothing worth living for..."

godammit, Thompson! foiled again!

11:23 AM  
Blogger utchmynitz said...

That one is probably my favorite on there Mr. Doom.
Goes along with the theme too. Unplanned. Lots of gooders on there. "I hope you got fat." LIke that one a lot too.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home