Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Only Thing That You Keep Changing Is Your Name. My Love Keeps Growing.

Another fantastic Arcade Fire show last night. They came out and started with this much of this song:

Oh, where have you been, my blue-eyed son?
Oh, where have you been, my darling young one?
I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains,
I've walked and I've crawled on six crooked highways,
I've stepped in the middle of seven sad forests,
I've been out in front of a dozen dead oceans,
I've been ten thousand miles in the mouth of a graveyard,
And it's a hard, and it's a hard, it's a hard, and it's a hard,
And it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

-Bob Dylan-

Hmmm, someone else watched that movie too. It was awesome! The show was fantastic. They also did a great version of 5 Years by David Bowie. My only regret is that I didn't motivate us to leave the Uptown Lounge earlier, so we arrived at the Riv right after the 2nd band played and it was jam packed. There was no way we were going to get up close. I remembered the hell I went through to get up close at Lollapalooza. People wanted my death. So we ended up behind the sound board and right in front of the bar. So, that in itself was pretty cool and the sound from where we were at was great. Unfortunately there was a lot of standing on tiptoes and moving from side to side to see. I'm not short either, there were just a lot of tall people. Danny said to me after the show that if Milk At Midnight ever gets that big that he would use that power to make all the tall people move back and have all the short people move to the front. I like that idea a lot. "We won't play until this happens." Yeah!

I believe I have a stye.

Main Entry: 3sty
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural sties or styes
Etymology: short for obsolete English styan,
from (assumed) Middle English, alteration of
Old English stIgend, from stIgan to go up,
rise -- more at STAIR:
an inflamed swelling of a sebaceous gland at
the margin of an eyelid

I'M FUCKING PISSED ABOUT THIS!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home